Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Little Snapshot

Like I mentioned a few days ago I did a little project that I wanted to post about. This piece is a part of a series that I'm working on. They are lino cuts (one of my favorite medium) that I digitally made into little posters. I have three on my website and this one will get on there soon. In order to prove my absolute adoration with photography, each image is of a camera, so far I have made a print of a Holga (love!), an old Olympus 35mm, a Voigtlander Brillant, and now an  Ansco Cadet. I own each of the cameras I've made a print of except for the Voigtlander (that's my next camera, or at least some kind of dual lens).

The Ansco Cadet is actually my Mother's but I just found out she had it about a month ago. Now, I've been seriously studying photography for about the past two years so why she didn't tell me about it earlier I have no idea. She didn't tell me about it until my Aunt and I were talking about cameras that might be in my grandfather's attic. It was her first camera, my two Aunts also got one each. When I asked why she hadn't told me about it before she said I never asked. I didn't know I was supposed to but that's my Mom for you.

Anyway, on to the goods. I took a bunch of photos of my process so I thought I would share.

Isn't it so cute?
And the box is amazing! Thank God for my Mother's pack-rat tendencies!!
First I made sketch,
Then I made a pencil rubbing of the drawing,
The first round of cuts,
Then I go in and add different widths of lines and make sure all the cuts are deep enough,

I thought I'd give the blue ink a try,
The ink is a little thin but it was just a test print and no I didn't mean to match my nail polish to the ink,
Gotta make sure all the ink is transfered,
Tada! Again, the ink is a little thin but not bad for a test print in my opinion.
The end.
So that's my little project for the week, hope you enjoyed!


May X never mark just one spot!

Kim

No comments: