Saturday, December 11, 2010

My New Plan

Earlier today (technically yesterday) I was talking to one of my very best friends, Brandon Hunter about jobs, moving, art and all kinds of other fun stuff. During our conversation he brought up several designers who have committed to designing something everyday. I've seen a few blogs of designers who do this and I have always thought it was a great project just not one I was going to take on myself. Well, Mr.Hunter has inspired me (once again) to take on this project. He is one of the most passionate people I know and his love for design is contagious. So starting today I'm going to design/create/produce something new everyday. This doesn't include any work I do for my job or a client, this is strictly personal artwork that I want to make. You want to hear the best news? I'm going to post it all on this lovely blog of mine for your viewing pleasure. Are you excited? Because I am.

For today's little piece of artwork I did a simple little drawing in my sketch book, but I like it. My plan is to add a little bit to this drawing everyday and see how it evolves, Layer Tennis style. I figure it's a good way to ease me into this new project, plus I think it could turn out really crazy and cool. Once I'm done or bored with this drawing I'll move on to something new. So without further delay, I give you design numero uno:


I know, it's not much now but I already have plans tumbling around in my head that will make it super awesome, so make sure you stay tuned!

Oh and don't forget to check out Brandon's very spectacular blog, White Spase. He always has great posts about all different kinds of artists and insightful musings on what is going on in today's art world!


May X never mark just one spot!

Kim


No comments: